Monday, May 21, 2012

Insights from Daily Bible Study–May 21, 2012


bible-studying-pen-papger.gif

Starting today I am going to start posting passages and insights from my daily Bible study.  This will help keep me accountable to keep up with my studying but also share what I have learned.  Here is the lesson I learned from what I read last night:

big_Salt And Light01
Matthew 5:13-16
13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

It has always been a struggle for me to show to other non-believers that I am a Christian.  This affirms that we are display to others that we are different, not hide under a rock.  I am going to make an effort with I am out in the world to be a light on a hill and not hidden under a bowl.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment